Deep Hole Drilling Machines
5 Axis Milling and Gun Drilling Machine
This 5-Axis multifunctional machine is a column moving type gun drilling M/C. Machine’s work table can be classified into a fixed type, a rotary type and a type that can be transferred to front and back.
BTA + Gun Drilling Machine
This BTA drilling machine is a column moving type deep-hole drilling machine equipped with the gun-drilling function with a small diameter and the BTA-drilling function with a large diameter or a combination.
Our drill center is 2-spindle gantry type drill center. While each spindle head is individually transferred, it is possible to execute duties at the same time.
Lathe Type BTA Drilling Machine
Lathe type BTA drilling machine is a BTA drilling machine mainly used for shafts. It can be classified into a fixed tool with rotating workpiece and a rotating tool with rotating workpiece.
Multi Axis Gun Drilling Machine
Our multi-axis gun drill machine is an exclusive 2-4 spindle equipment used for the processing of automobile steering rack bars, other automobile components and air craft parts.
Special Purpose Drilling Machine
Our special purpose gun drill machine is used to engrave notches on the steel roller.
Deep Hole Drilling Tools
Single Flute Gun Drill
Single Flut Gun Drilling Tools (Brazed Type) can be seen as the advanced and high-efficient deep hole process technology.
Twin Fluted Gun Drilling Tools
Twin Fluted Gun Drills Tools can be seen as the advanced and high-efficient deep hole process technology.
Shin-il BTA System Drilling Process can be seen as the advanced and high-efficient deep hole process technology.
Solid Carbide Gun Drills
From the shank to the tip, solid carbide CNC gun drills have full carbide construction, better for cooling liquid flowing.
Shin-il Machinery Co., Ltd.
Shin-il Machinery Co., Ltd. was established in 1971 and is a specialized manufacturer of special CNC machines with a history of nearly 50 years.
The main products are CNC gun drilling machine (1 spindle, 2 spindles, multi-axis gun drill), BTA tube sheet drilling machine, high-speed drill center, a portable boring machine which supplied in fields of aerospace, medical, automobile, mold, petrochemical, nuclear power, wind power, heavy industry, construction industry, etc. We have successfully provided thousands of units for our customers.
We show our true hearts to serve every clients.
Deep Hole Drill News
The problem of chip removal in gun-drilling deep hole drilling is still a technical problem. If the chips cannot discharge
Gun drill deep hole processing has a long history. With the development of machinery manufacturing technology, the gun drill has
In the process of deep hole drilling, to improve the cutting efficiency, improve the accuracy of the workpiece, reduce the
Deep Hole Drill Guide
The deep hole drill is a drill bit specially designed for machining deep holes, which can be divided into two types: outer chip removal and inner chip removal.
The biggest drawback of deep drilling is the difficulty of heat dissipation and chip evacuation.
The drill is specifically designed to machine deep holes.
When a hole depth ratio greater than 6 is usually referred to as a deep hole in machining.
In deep hole drilling, heat dissipation and chip removal are difficult, and the drill pipe is slender and has poor rigidity, which is prone to bending and vibration.
Cooling and chip removal problems are generally addressed by means of a pressure cooling system
Deep hole processing characteristics
- Shank of drill machine has a slender and rigid rigidity, and it is difficult to discharge the chips.
- Due to the tool cutting ability in the hole, cutting conditions and tool wear cannot be observed.
Drilling deep hole method
- Diameter 3 ~ 20mm with a gun hole drill.
- Diameter 20 ~ 65mm with high-pressure internal chip removal deep hole drilling or with the suction drill, can also be used with indexable insert staggered deep hole drilling
Drill bit classification
Deep hole drill is divided into two types: outer chip removal and inner chip removal according to chip removal method.
There are gun drills, electric flute drills,s and deep hole twist drills for external chip removal; the internal chip removal is divided into three types: BTA deep hole drill, jet drill, and DF deep hole drill.
- gun drill: There is only one cutting part, which was first used to process the barrel.
During the drilling process, cutting fluid enters from the middle of the drill pipe is sprayed through the small hole in the drill head to the cutting zone, and then discharged from the V-shaped groove of the drill bit with chips.
A cutting tool like this is suitable for processing deep holes with a hole diameter of 2 to 20 mm and a hole depth ratio greater than 100.
- BTA deep hole drilling: The cutting fluid is fed from the gap between the drill pipe and hole wall, and cutting fluid is discharged from an inner hole of the drill pipe by cutting fluid pressure.
BTA deep hole drill is suitable for drilling deep holes with a hole diameter of more than 6 mm and a hole depth to hole ratio of less than 100.
Its production efficiency is more than 3 times higher than that of the gun drill.
- Jet Drill: Normally, multi-blade internal chip deep hole drill with two inner and outer drill pipes.
Most of the cutting fluid enters the cutting zone from the gap between inner and outer drill pipes, and then enters the inner pipe together with the chips.
A small part of the cutting fluid enters the inner tube through the crescent-shaped hole at the end of the inner tube, creating a jetting effect, forming a low-pressure zone, which helps to suck the chips.
Jet drills do not require a rigorous cutting fluid seal and are suitable for drilling deep holes with a diameter of more than 18 mm, a hole depth, and an aperture ratio of less than 100.
- DF deep hole drilling: The size of the drill bit absorbs advantages of BTA deep hole drilling and jet drilling.
It adopts a single pipe, and chip discharging has a dual action of pushing and suction, which improves chip discharging ability and can drill the hole diameter above 8 mm.
By using CNC spindles gun drills are usually with high-speed steel or hard alloy features.
Various types of internal chip removal deep hole drills can be constructed according to the size of welded or mechanically clamped indexable carbide inserts.
The guide block on the deep hole drill and centers to reduce deflection of borehole and vibration during cutting.
The arrangement of the teeth and guide blocks of deep hole drill mainly considers radial force balance during chipping and cutting.
The body and the drill pipe can be joined by welding or square threads.
Deep hole drilling machine
No products were found matching your selection.
Drilling Machine: The process of machining a hole in a solid material with a drill bit is called drilling, and the special device for drilling is called a drilling machine.
Deep hole drilling machine: Deep hole drilling machine is one of the working parts of the tool that is mostly surrounded by the machined surface.
Therefore, there are problems such as rigidity, chip removal, guiding, and cooling lubrication of the tool.
The bit of deep hole drilling machine has poor rigidity and is easy to “bias” when drilling.
Limitation by the machining hole is the reason, which is generally long, and at the same time, it is required to have the largest possible chip on the drill bit.
The groove facilitates chip evacuation, which makes the core thinner and thus less rigid.
Due to the rigidity and guiding of the drill bit (drilling, only two narrow edges of the drill bit are in contact with the hole wall), the two main cutting edges are difficult to be symmetrical, and the radial forces cannot cancel each other out.
Moreover, the first contact with the machined surface during drilling is the chisel edge with a large negative rake angle, which makes it difficult for it to enter the cutting.
Therefore, the carbide drill bit is prone to “biasing” when drilling, resulting in the axis of a drilled hole. Skew or aperture expansion, not round, etc.
Shin-il Stark Machinery (Suzhou) Co., Ltd. is a professional manufacturer of deep hole drilling tools
Staged feed for deep hole drilling
When drilling a deep hole with a special deep hole drill, the tool will exit quickly after a certain period of feed, the workpiece will be chipped, and then quickly approach machining part and continue to feed, so many times to reciprocate until required hole depth is processed.
Common problems and solutions
- Chip bonding: reduce the cutting speed; avoid chipping; replace cutting fluid with high pressure and improve the filtration; increase pressure and flow of the cutting fluid.
- Poor coaxial: adjust the coaxiality of machine tool spindle and drill sleeve; use appropriate drill sleeve diameter.
- The cutting speed is too low, the feed rate is too large or uneven: use the appropriate cutting amount.
- Tool geometry is not suitable: change the geometry of cutting edge and the shape of a guide block
The orifice is flared
- Poor coaxial: adjust the coaxiality of machine tool spindle, drill sleeve and support sleeve; use the appropriate diameter of drill sleeve to replace oversized drill sleeve in time.
- The chip breaking is not good, the chips can not be discharged: change the size of chip breaking groove to avoid too long and too shallow; find the chipping situation in time and replace it; increase the pressure and flow of cutting fluid; use workpiece with the uniform material organization.
- The feed is too large, too small, or uneven: use the appropriate amount of cutting.
- Excessive wear of the drill bit: Regularly replace the drill bit to avoid excessive wear.
- The cutting fluid is not suitable: select the appropriate cutting fluid and improve the filtration.
Low bit of life
- The cutting speed is too high or too low, and the feed rate is too large: use the appropriate cutting amount.
- Inappropriate bit: Replace tool material; change the position and shape of the guide block.
- The cutting fluid is not suitable: use the cutting fluid with high extreme pressure; increase the pressure, flow, and filtration of the cutting fluid.
- Chips in strip shape: chipbreaker geometry is not suitable; cutting edge geometry is not suitable; feed amount is too small; workpiece material organization is uneven: variable chipbreaker and cutting edge geometry; increase feed rate; A material that is evenly organized.
- The chip is too small: the chipbreaker is too short or too deep; the chipbreaker radius is too small: the geometry of the chipbreaker is varied.
- Excessive chip: the chipbreaker is too long or too shallow; the chipbreaker radius is too large: the geometry of the variable chipbreaker