The problem of chip removal in gun-drilling deep hole drilling is still a technical problem. If the chips cannot discharge when processing steel, the chips will block the chip evacuation channel and cause the drill pipe to twist and break. Chips can also wrap around the rod of deep hole gun drilling machine, causing the drill to break.
I will take you to understand how to solve the problem of chip removal and minimize the manufacturing cost of the product.
There are four main reasons for the occurrence of chip removal failure:
- the continuous generation of spiral chips for a long time;
- there are multiple strands of chips with different widths in the chip roll, which become entangled chips;
- the chips are rigid Spiral rolls are continuous;
- rod-shaped chips formed, which are easy to deposit in the V-shaped groove because of their small cross-sectional area.
In essence, it caused by improper matching of workpiece material, feed size, drill geometric parameters, and other factors, or due to cutting edge chipping, dullness, and low oil pressure flow rate. Therefore, it must be specifically analyzed and targeted Sexual measures.
For steel, the larger the feed rate, the stronger the chip interference ability of the inner and outer blades, and the easier it is to produce short chips.
The chips of mild steel are comfortable to stretch, and the chip length can shorten by appropriately increasing the outer angle and reducing the width of the outer edge.
For aluminum alloy, the chips quickly discharged regardless of the feed rate, so a larger feed rate can use when processing this material. However, when processing pure aluminum with a silicon content of less than 0.13%, if the feed rate is too large (0.05mm/r), it will quickly produce relatively hard long spiral chips, which is not conducive to discharge. In this case, you can reduce the feed Quantity to solve.
Besides, when processing pure aluminum, the inner and outer angles of the drill should not be too small.
Also, factors that may cause chip removal failure include:
- Once the cutting edge of the gun drill is chipped or worn severely, multiple strands of fine chips will be entangled with each other and should sharpen immediately.
- The sizing edge does not maintain good surface quality.
- The drill sleeve is not close to the workpiece. If there is a small gap between the two, it is easy to produce clogs. However, if a gun drill used to drill clusters of small holes on a large fixed workpiece, there is generally no chip conveyor, but the chips discharge on the workpiece.
- When the drill bit and the drill pipe vibrate, the chip shape becomes abnormal. Should check whether the drill is damaged by force, or adjust the cutting amount, and eliminate it accordingly.
- When the material of the workpiece is uneven, abnormal chip shape will also occur and cause chip removal obstacles. Therefore, the material should be improved to reduce chip removal obstacles.
- The low flow rate of cutting fluid in the V-groove will also cause chip deposition and cause chip removal obstacles. Therefore, ensuring a sufficient flow rate is a necessary prerequisite to eliminate blockage accidents.
- Appropriately increasing the area of the oil through the hole in the drill head has important practical significance for improving the chip removal of small diameter gun drills.
- Change the shape and geometric parameters of the cutting edge. Aiming at the problems of blockage and entanglement caused by low chip breaking when small-diameter gun drills are processing steel.
In summary, repairing worn cutting edges in time can maintain a good surface quality of the tool, ensure a good fit between the drill sleeve and the workpiece, and prevent vibration during drilling. Choosing the right material for deep hole parts, good cutting fluid supply pressure and flow rate can ensure smooth chip removal during deep hole processing. The cutting fluid supply pressure and flow rate can ensure the smooth chip removal of the gun drill in deep hole processing.
Also, reasonable changes in the shape and geometric parameters of the cutting edge, and the development of advanced double-edged gun drills can effectively improve the chip removal effect and improve the processing quality of deep-hole parts.